Saturday, November 5, 2011

1 Month old Baby Lewis Azriel

As a first time mom, I have no idea on what to expect during LA’s first month. As we all know, babies are unique and develop differently from one another. 

Let me share with you the things that I observed with my little one during his 1st month of life.
I will be comparing my child’s development with the developments that I have searched in different sources.


Baby’s development according to other sources
Lewis Azriel’s development according to experience
Physical
Feedings: 5-8 per day

Sleep: 20 hrs per day

Sensory Capacities: makes basic distinctions in vision, hearing, smelling, tasting, touch, temperature, and perception of pain
Feedings: every 2-3 hrs which makes it 8-12 per day

Sleep: almost all day!

Sensory Capacities: reacts with sounds, moves his eyeballs to wonder around, cries while bathing (because of the sudden change in temperature)
Skills

Lifts head when lying on tummy


Responds to sound


Stares at faces
Lifts head and pushes away using arms and hands when lying on my tummy.

He gets shocked whenever he hears the garbage collector’s horn and the sounds of plates while washing the dishes.

He can stare at my face while breastfeeding

Smiles and giggles while sleeping


Oh Yes! LA loves to sleep!

 

He starts to figure out how to thumb suck!


He sleeps better on his tummy


and cries to communicate if he's hungry or wet




There are so much to observe in your growing baby. I will be discussing other developments on a different post.



♥ young mommy, Lolly


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
free web site traffic and promotion
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips