Saturday, November 26, 2011

Singing songs for my baby

Years before I had a baby, I was already fond of listening to different children's songs as well as Disney songs. I'm a Disney fanatic and most of their movies, I already memorized the lyrics! (Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Little Mermaid, etc.) I'm also an education student which made it easy for me to learn new nursery rhymes that i can use to teach pre-school children. I may say that I have a wide range of selection when it comes to singing songs to my little one. 


photo from google images
One of the cutest nursery rhyme that I've always wanted to sing to my baby is
"This Little Piggy"



This little piggy went to market,
This little piggy stayed at home,
This little piggy had roast beef,
This little piggy had none.
And this little piggy went... 
"Wee wee wee" all the way home...


YouTube Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3b_wac0wtrM&


Every line you sing, you touch one toe of your baby..and on the last line, you get to tickle your baby "wee wee wee" all the way home!




When I first saw LA's tiny feet, I immediately sang this song to him...Sadly, he's still unable to laugh at that time but I know for sure that he felt my tickle. He just can't express it yet.
Whenever baby LA cries, I hum "Jesus loves Me" and he'll relax and fall asleep. Since then, I always sing to him this song. 


I read an article about singing to your baby and they suggested a song that'll help the baby learn about God and the people around him. "He's got the whole world in his hands"


According to Babycenter.com, Babies recognize oft-repeated words long before they're ready to say them, and familiar names are the friendliest verbal cues of all.



Grandparents, siblings, aunts, uncles, pets, babysitters, and daycare teachers – your baby will love to hear you name them all. One of the most natural ways to do this is with a song like the old spiritual "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands." The words are simple and repetitive: "He's got the whole world in his hands" repeats four times, and then the verses go on to name general categories: "He's got the wind and the rain in his hands..." "He's got the tiny little baby in his hands..." ending with four lines of "He's got everybody here in his hands." But instead, try substituting your baby's favorite folks: "He's got [baby's name] and Papa, in his hands..." "He's got Grandma and Grandpa in his hands..." and go on from there.



It's fun to play with your baby. Sometimes, we are not aware but they are able to learn new things through bonding/play time. Take time to talk to your little angel and share with them how wonderful our world is. It'll stimulate their senses that will help them understand in the near future what is happening around them.




♥young mommy, Lolly

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
free web site traffic and promotion
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips